Sunday, October 2, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

DSC_0023_2

I normally always steam my broccoli- but this I saw this in a Cooking Light magazine and altered it a little bit to fit what I had. It turned out yummy!

INGREDIENTS:
Broccoli
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper
Minced Garlic
Fresh Parmesan Cheese Shavings
Lemon (need the real thing for juice and zest!)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 425. In a bowl, mix DRY (nothing will stick to wet/rinsed broccoli) broccoli florets with some olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Toss well. Put onto a cookie sheet and cook in hot oven for about 10 minutes (until the garlic is just started to turn brown on the edges). Remove and toss with lemon juice (I used half a lemon) and the zest from that lemon, more salt/pepper if needed, and parmesan cheese shavings. It still has a little crunch and taste of fresh broccoli, but the flavors from the roasting/seasonings are really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment