Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pin Wheel Roll-Ups

DSC_0025
My aunt Sally gave me this recipe 8 years ago when I was hosting a traveling dinner for my sorority and I had appetizers. They have been a favorite of mine ever since! 

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 small can of chopped black olives
1 can green chilies, chopped
1 pkg. dry taco mix
Tortilla Shells (I used whole wheat, but the jalapeno cheddar and sun-dried tomato are good,too!)
Thin Pastrami or Beef
Green Onions, Chopped

DIRECTIONS:
Soften the cream cheese and then mix with the sour cream, olives, chilies and dry taco mix.
Lay out a section of plastic wrap (just big enough for the tortilla shell) and set a tortilla shell on that. Spread the sour cream mix on top and then layer with the meat. Sprinkle green onions on top (optional). Roll up and seal the plastic ends together. These are best made up several hours to the day before you are serving so they stick together. When it's time to serve them, remove the plastic wrap and slice into pin-wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment