Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

DSC_0003
During the week, I get into a rut of feeding my kids instant breakfast- bars, oatmeal, fruit or yogurt. I saw the idea for a crock-pot casserole on pinterest, and tweaked this recipe for our tastes. I put it together before going to bed, and it was ready when we woke up- the kids loved it and I was happy to not have to cook breakfast! 


INGREDIENTS:
Shredded Hashbrown Potatoes, Frozen
Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (these are found in the lunchmeat section- they are pre-cooked)
Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
Diced Tomatoes
Green Onions, Sliced
Salt and Pepper
6 eggs
Milk

DIRECTIONS:
Layer the bottom of the crock pot with shredded hashbrowns (I used about 10 oz.) and then in layers, sprinkle in sausage, cheese, tomatoes and green onions. In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk and salt and pepper. Pour into the crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours on low. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment