Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pioneer Woman Cooks Davis Style!

I love finding recipes online- whether it be on allrecipes.com or other recipe blogs... it's so fun! There is a great website, and if you haven't already checked it out, please know that after you see what all this woman does you will feel severely inadequate. She home schools her 4 children, lives on a ranch, cooks amazing meals, takes awesome pictures, writes many stories on her blog, has a lodge that hosts guests and the list goes on and on... but I'm mainly interested in her food, and the photography. 
She does a great job with her recipes- taking pictures of each step and explaining it reallllly well. (Again, putting my recipe blog to shame!) So I will just link her website for the above food instead of attempting to do even a sub par job on here. I made Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich and Fluffy New Potatoes. Both were delicious! I do have to say, that I alter the recipes to make them a little more healthy- I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" instead of Butter and Low-Fat Sour Cream and Cream Cheese. I am happy to report that it all turned out wonderfully!! I am probably going to try once a week to make one of her recipes- so be looking for more reviews and links back to her website. Of course, you can check it out for yourself at www.thepioneerwoman.com but don't forget who sent you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Actually, The Pioneer Woman is one my of favorites! I am so glad you discovered her too! I love her photos and recipes. I wish I was a "Pioneer Woman" like Ree.

    ReplyDelete