Thursday, April 2, 2009

Potato Soup


We've been having rainy weather here- so I felt like soup! We had potato soup, italian bread sticks and salad. Yum!

INGREDIENTS:
3-4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
4-5 cups of cubed potatoes (I left the skins on red and gold new potatoes)
3 cubes or 3 tsp. of chicken bouillon
Bacon, crumbled
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
1 TBL chopped parsley (fresh is probably best, but I used dried)
1/2 cup of butter
6 TBL flour
2 cups milk
Cheese- I used pepper jack, american and mozzarella because that's what I had extras of in my fridge. Any cheese would be good!

DIRECTIONS:
Cook and crumble bacon.
In a large pot, add celery, onion, potatoes, bouillon, pepper, salt and parsley. Add enough water so that all vegetables are fully submerged. Heat until boiling and cook until all vegetables are very tender. 
In a small skillet, melt the butter and whisk in flour. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until it thickens. Add that mixture to the vegetables, with bacon and cheese. Keep warm until you are ready to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment