Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easy Shrimp Pasta and Squash

This takes about 10 minutes to cook- a great fast, easy meal!

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. medium size shrimp (peeled, deveined and tails off- I have used frozen and fresh, both good- but love the medium size that cook small so they fit on my fork with a little twist of noodles to make an easy sized bite!)
1/2 box Angel Hair Pasta (I buy whole grain) 
Butter- I use about 2 TBL of butter/margarine, and also the spray bottle of "I can't believe it's not butter" for coating the noodles after cooking.
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
Olive Oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Yellow Squash, sliced
1 Zuccihini Squash, sliced
Nature's Season
 
DIRECTIONS:
In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and minced garlic until fragrant. Add shrimp and Creole Seasoning. Cook until shrimp are pink. Meanwhile, boil water and cook angel hair pasta (usually takes 6-7 minutes). Also, heat butter in a saucepan and fry squash with nature's seasoning until the squash are soft. I place noodles on a plate, spray with butter and top with shrimp, serving squash on the side. Also good to have squash mixed in the pasta! You can easily increase the amounts of pasta and shrimp to make more. My recipe makes about 2-3 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment