Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ginger Pork Cubes with Lime-Horseradish Sauce





I got this recipe from one of my professors in college who is an awesome chef! Every time I'm back in St. Joe, I am lucky to be invited to their house to enjoy a meal... and steal the recipe! Note that this needs to be prepared the night before you eat!

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 lbs of boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
3 TBS soy sauce
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp minced ginger root
1 tsp peanut oil
Lime-Horseradish Sauce (see below)

DIRECTIONS:
Mix together soy sauce, garlic, pepper, sugar, ginger and peanut oil. Place pork in 1 gallon food storage bag and add mixture. Seal bag and put into fridge- let it sit overnight. Take the meat out and allow it to come to room temperature before cooking.
Preheat oven to 325, spread the pork in a single layer in a baking pan and bake for about 1 hour, turning several times.
Put it in a bowl and serve with...

Lime-Horseradish Sauce
INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup grated horseradish
1/3 cup lime juice (fresh is the best!)
1/3 mayo (do not use miracle whip!)
1/3 cup plain yogurt
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Blend all in a processor or blender. Put mixture in a non-reactive bowl and cover tightly. Store in the fridge overnight to allow flavors to blend. 

Tasty Sides:
  • New potatoes- steamed, roasted or fried in a skillet (I sliced them really thin, and fried them in a skillet with butter, onions and Nature's Season tonight).
  • Roasted Asparagus or Green Beans slow boiled with ham hock
  • Spring Salad! (The warm weather inspired me to spring up the meal tonight!). I just use the pre-mixed baby greens from the store, with strawberries, mango, and blueberries. The dressing, Brianna's Blush Vinaigrette is so good! You can also toast pecans to put in there, yum!
  • Garlic Bread

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have been fortunate to have been invited by your professor/chef and his lovely wife to share this awesome meal -- and to steal the recipe. I didn't think his pork tenderloin with ancho chile sauce could be beat, but this did it! Thanks for posting the recipe! I wanted to make it but didn't have the recipe on me when I went to the grocery store so I was hoping I could find it online. Happy to have found it here. And will look forward to trying some of your other recipes!

    ReplyDelete