Thursday, May 10, 2012

Portobello Mushroom Burgers

DSC_0010
Another idea I have seen online and wanted to try. Here is my version (but please note, I had to have buns for my husband and kids- who don't like mushrooms!)

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground sirloin
Salt/Pepper
1 egg
3-5 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
Portobello Mushroom Caps
Olive Oil
Mayo/Basil/Lemon (mix all together for the topping)
Tomato/Avocado/Lettuce (whatever toppings you want)

DIRECTIONS:
Mix the ground meat with salt and pepper, egg and tabasco. Form into patties. You can either grill them or cook in a skillet. Then coat the mushroom caps (after cleaning them!) in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 5-7 minutes on each side. To serve, start with the mushroom, then the burger and last the toppings.

1 comment:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! I've been wanting to try these mushrooms, just haven't gotten around to it!!! I think you've convinced me!!! Anyways, thanks for your Etsy order and thank you for sending me to your blog...I'm a HUGE foodie and love trying out new recipes, glad there is another foodie out there to drool at!!!

    ReplyDelete