Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jalapeno-Cilantro Hummus

DSC_0084
I got the idea to make this from Publix- their deli section has this variety of hummus and it's our favorite! We are getting ready to move where there won't be a Publix, so I'm trying to figure out how we're going to live without our staples from there!

INGREDIENTS:
1 can of chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1/4 cup Lemon or Lime Juice
2 TBL Olive Oil
1 clove minced garlic
Splash of Water
1/8 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
Cilantro
Jalapeno- I used the pickled kind from the jar, and just put in about
(I've used Tahini before, but I just sprinkled in a few seasame seeds and called it good- I honestly didn't notice any difference in the flavor or consistency)

DIRECTIONS:
Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Serve with Stacey's Pita Chips... we like Parmesan Garlic and Herb flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment