Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cauliflower Fiesta Rice

DSC_0005
I made this to go along with the Collard Green Burritos- I have been wanting to try to rice my cauliflower, and this was the perfect opportunity!

INGREDIENTS:
1 head of cauliflower
Olive Oil
1 can of black beans
Cilantro
Green Onions
Cilantro
Chili Powder
Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Canned Tomatoes/Chiles (I just used a little that was left over from my burritos)

DIRECTIONS:
Rinse and cut up the head of cauliflower. Put pieces into a food processor until they are 'rice like' texture. (Do not steam or cook!) In a skillet, heat up some olive oil and minced garlic. Add in the cauliflower, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in the seasonings (I didn't measure any of the spices- just kept adding until it tasted right) or you could add in some salsa. It turned out really yummy- I definitely like this as much as the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment