Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta

DSC_0005
I am always looking for more options on how to bring vegetables into our meals- Andy declared he did not like brussels sprouts, however when I saw THIS on Skinnytaste, I thought I'd try it out since she claimed her husband loved it even after being a brussels sprout hater. I thought they were great!
Here's my version:

Ingredients:

4 oz pancetta, minced
2 lb brussels sprouts (weight after outer leaves and stems removed)
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced or sliced thin
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper

Directions:

With a large sharp knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing.
In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté pancetta on medium-low heat until fat melts and pancetta becomes golden, about 5 minutes. Add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden. Add shredded brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to taste and sauté on medium-low heat for about 4-5 minutes until tender crisp.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said...I love brussel sprouts. My hubby does not like them. However, I am going to make this recipe and ask him to try it. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete