Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Broccoli Cheese and Rice Casserole

DSC_0083
I have long been on the search for a version of this recipe that I love- and my Aunt Mary gave it to me with her Thanksgiving recipes! I was excited to try it, and the kids loved it!

INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons of butter
5 ribs celery, chopped
1 med onion, chopped
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (I left these out because my husband is 'allergic' to mushrooms...)
1 10 oz bag of frozen broccoli
1 8oz cheese whiz
1 101/2 oz cream of chicken soup
1 cup minute rice (I used brown)
Shredded Cheese for a topping (I used cheddar).

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Cook broccoli according to package directions, then drain. Saute in a skillet (with the butter) celery, onion and mushrooms. Put the broccoli in a casserole dish and add minute rice (uncooked), cheese whiz, soup, salt and pepper and enough water to moisten (if necessary). Add the celery,onion, mushroom mixture and mix well. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and cook for 1/2 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment