Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas

DSC_0007

I love a good crockpot meal, and this one was SO easy and a fresh new spin on our (almost) weekly Mexican night! I found this on Pinterest and love the Skinnytaste blog. CLICK HERE for the link. I also have found these yummy tortillas- they are LaTortilla Factory's Smart & Delicious Tortillas. They are whole wheat, high in fiber, low carb and low fat- and they taste great and don't tear/break when you fill them up! I served the pork on the tortillas, with Corn Salsa, guacamole and sour cream (or Greek Yogurt). I also spooned the juices from the crockpot onto the shredded meat- this helped keep it moist and tender and put some fresh cilantro on top. We've been fighting over the left overs- I think everything tasted better the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment