Friday, September 2, 2011

Herb Roasted Chicken with Lemon Cream Pasta

DSC_0004

DSC_0002

INGREDIENTS:
1 whole chicken
1 Lemon
1 Onion
1 Garlic Clove
Basil
Rosemary
Thyme
Canola Oil

Pasta (I used angel hair)
Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt/Pepper
Capers
Lemon Juice
Chicken Broth (from above chicken cooking)


DIRECTIONS:
Remove giblets from chicken and pat the outside dry with a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth. Stuff the cavity with lemon, onion and garlic. Mix canola oil and fresh herbs together and rub on the outside of the chicken. Place in a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours, or until temperature of chicken reaches 190 degrees.

When chicken is ready, scoop out chicken broth and add some water to boil pasta (you don't want to use too much, as you don't want to have to drain off any of the seasoned broth!). Add in whipping cream, salt and pepper, lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best!) and capers. Serve chicken on top of pasta.

I served with green beans and rolls. A yummy, easy meal... although I will admit, I had to have my husband remove the giblets and handle the raw chicken. Maybe next time I'll be brave enough to handle it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment