Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuna Noodle Casserole

DSC02809
To prepare for Catholic Lent (no meat Fridays), I thought I'd try a new spin on tuna noodle casserole. It was in no means gourmet (I mean, it's a casserole, afterall!) but it was filling and something easy I'd make again for Lent (hey, it's supposed to be a sacrifice!)

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 pkg egg noodles
1 can tuna
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt/Pepper
2 TBL onion flakes
1/2-1 cup frozen peas
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Planko Bread Crumbs and/or Crushed Potato Chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat over to 350.
2. Prepare noodles according to package directions.
3. In a large casserole dish, mix cooked noodles, tuna, soup, sour cream, plenty of salt and pepper, onion flakes, frozen peas and almost all the cheddar cheese. (Add some milk or more soup if too dry!) Top with bread crumbs and more cheese.
4. Bake until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you were going to share a tuna casserole for us, Catholic people. I will have to share my easy recipe. It is a little different. :)

    ReplyDelete