Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl Grub

DSC_0017
This is mostly for my memory- because every Superbowl shopping trip I make, I'm always trying to remember what I made last year- I always remember it was GOOD, just don't want to forget anything!

In the crockpots:
Rotel/Velveeta Dip (serve with Tortilla Chips)
Little Chicken Weinies (I like the chicken better than beef) with a yummy BBQ sauce- like Extra Hot Gates or Johnny Harris) and toothpicks come in handy to serve these (I forgot this year!)

Sub Sandwich:
2 tubs of Pillsbury French Loaf Bread
Non-Stick Spray
Garlic Salt
Oregano
Basil
Hard Salami
Turkey
Ham
Muenster Cheese
Baby Swiss Cheese
Onion, sliced thin
Green Pepper, sliced thin
Tomato
Lettuce (shredded)
Mayo
Salt/Pepper
Italian Dressing

I put the dough in a circle on a round cookie sheet- spray with non-stick spray, and sprinkle seasonings on top- bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. When it's done, cut the top off and layer ingredients. Cut into smaller portions... so yummy!

Wings:
I bought a frozen bag of Tasty Bird's wings- they were already fried and coated in buffalo sauce, I just had to bake them in the oven. I did pour some of my own sauce (melted butter and hot sauce, with some Tabasco) on top of half of them because I like wings really saucy (my husband doesn't!). I mix sour cream, mayo and blue cheese crumbles with salt and pepper for a dip and cut up celery to go with it.

Puppy Chow:
The recipe for this is on the back of the chex box- called "Muddy Buddies"... but I like using the corn chex instead of rice chex because the rice chex always taste stale to me once done. Basically chocolate chips, peanut butter, vanilla, butter and powdered sugar. Easy and fun to make! Always get more chocolate chips than the recipe calls for- it never coats enough!

Guacamole:
I use 2-3 avocados, diced onion and tomato and cilantro and a seasoning packet from the produce section. It's always a hit.


And that was it! Yummy food!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment