Monday, February 13, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies!

DSC_0025
From Carrie

One of the hardest things I've found to bake are chocolate chip cookies- mine are either flat, burnt, too doughy, not sweet enough, etc. when I make them from scratch. Of course they don't always turn out even from the pre-made dough, so I was super excited to get this recipe from my new neighbor, Carrie. This is officially my new standard Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!!

INGREDIENTS:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:
In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, shortening and white and brown sugars. Mix well. Then add the eggs, and vanilla and mix throughly. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Add the dry mixture, one cupful at a time to the cooke dough and mix well. (1/2 of extra flour will make the cookies come out puffier, so add another half cup if desired). Add the bag of chocolate chips and stir. Refridgerate at least 2 hours (overnight is what I did). Preheat oven to 375 and make round tablespoonfuls of cookie dough and place on greased baking sheet; balls should be 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until cookies are golden brown. Cool cookies on a baking rack or on paper towels on the counter. Enjoy! Makes 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly easy and really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my Food Safety Training. Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete