Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spanish Chicken and Rice

DSC_0011

I found this recipe in our newspaper- the title "One Skillet Dinner" appealed to me! It wasn't the most delicious meal I've ever tried, but it was good and I loved all the veggies snuck in there for my kids!

INGREDIENTS:
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I just used tenderloins, cut up)
2 TBL olive oil
1 tsp each: paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano
Salt and Pepper
1/2 lb cooked chorizo, sliced 1/2 inch thick (I accidentally forgot to get this- so I made it without)
1 med-lg onion diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups rice (I used brown rice)
3/4 tsp turmeric
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can (14.5 oz) petite-diced tomatoes
3/4 cup frozen peas

DIRECTIONS:
Toss chicken with 1 TBL of the oil, paprika, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper.
Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Saute, turning until well browned. Add remaining oil and sausages to the skillet; cook until browned. Add onions and peppers; cook until tender. Stir in rice and tumeric. Add broth, tomatoes and chicke; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook covered until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in peas; cover, turn off heat, wait a few minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment