Sunday, January 22, 2012

Antipasto Platter

DSC_0005
One of my all time favorites- a hand-me-down recipe from my Granny (my mom's mom) and the copy I have is in her handwriting- so special! I always make this at Christmastime... it's so yummy. And, according to my Granny it's 462 calories per main dish serving!

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cauliflower flowerets
1 small zucchini, sliced (1/4 inch thick)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 6 oz. can ripe olives, drained
1 .75 oz envelope garlic and herbs dry salad dressing mix
Olive Oil
Vinegar
4 oz. sliced genoa salami
4 oz. sliced prosciutto (ham)
6 round slices provolone cheese quartered (about 6 oz)
6 round slices colby cheese, halved (about 4 oz)
Lettuce (I used boston bibb and butter lettuce)

DIRECTIONS:
In a saucepan, cook (with water) cauliflower and zucchini about 2 minutes- drain and cool. Place cauliflower, zucchini, tomatoes and olives in a plastic bag- prepare dressing mix according to directions on the packet and pour over vegetables and close bag and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours. Turn bag occasionally. To serve, slice and dice meat and cheese- drain veggies and arrange vegetables and meat on a bed of lettuce, on a large platter. Serve with hot french bread and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment