Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hummus Pita-zas


These make the perfect size personal pizza- they are healthy and delicious, too!

INGREDIENTS:
6 Pitas (I buy whole-grain)
1/2 cup Hummus (See my recipe or buy store bought)
1/2 cup Olive Tapenade
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
1/2 Red Onion, Sliced
3 Whole Roasted Red Peppers, chopped
1 can Artichokes, Quartered
1/2 cup Banana Peppers or Sliced Pepperoncini

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix Hummus and Olive Tapenade. Place pitas on a cookie sheet, and spread the hummus/olive mixture on top like pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese and top with remaining ingredients (onion, peppers, artichokes). Cook for 10-12 minutes until the cheese has melted and the pita is crispy. 

1 comment:

  1. Erica, I am soo making this!! I love hummus and make my own (katie and I are the only ones who eat it here though!), add the olive tapenade yummmm! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete